Thursday, May 17, 2007

The Tip of the Iceberg



Have you been to Slashfood? Go, you'll have a nice time! I was reading an article, "Don't Dishrespect Me" today about how women don't seem to get the same level of service and/or respect that men do in restaurants. The general consensus seems to be that women don't tip as generously as men.


I've blogged about tipping inHere's a Tip for You but the Slashfood article made me wonder if my quest for excellent service at new places is doomed. Am I only going to get great service if the staff thinks the fellow I'm with is footing the bill?

If the majority of restaurant workers think that the majority of women diners are going to short them on the tip and hang out all night eating and drinking very little, then will I forever be doomed to craptacular service? I feel my optimism taking another thrashing. Is the reason I've had such seemingly bad luck simply because I'm female? This can't be. Tell me it isn't so.

No comments: